1. It is with immense humility and sense of great pride, I assume the appointment of Director General Border Roads. I extend my heartiest felicitations and greetings to all officers, JCOs/supervisors, subordinates, CPLs and their families who have rendered invaluable service to the Nation.
2. The Border Roads Organisation is a symbol of Nation Building & National Integration and has become an inescapable component in maintaining the security and integrity of the Nation. Its pivotal role in constructing and maintaining operational road infrastructure for the armed forces in inhospitable, far flung border areas and contribution to the socio-economic development of the region has been legendary. This is the result of over 60 years of toil, unwavering dedication, unmatched professionalism and sacrifice of the officers, supervisors, subordinates and CPLs, from whom the organisation derives its strength.
3. We must continue steadfast in our endeavours to sustain ourselves as a highly competitive and technologically proficient organisation by incorporating contemporary practices, imbibing latest environment friendly construction methodologies and ensuring quality, speed and economy in our works. Enhanced productivity, timely completion, better quality of works and more responsive HR management must remain as our focus at all levels.
4. I pay homage to all the brave hearts of BRO, who have made the supreme sacrifice in the service of the Nation. I also express my gratitude to all my illustrious predecessors whose vision and foresight has guided us towards Nation Building. We need to rededicate ourselves to our motto Shramena Sarvam Sadhyam to take forward our rich legacy.
5. In this Diamond Jubilee year of BRO, I wish all members of Border Roads Organisation and their families, success, good health and happiness.